An intense couple of weeks

Man plans, God laughs.

Wow. These past couple of weeks have been extremely intense for me. More so than usual to the point where I think that there isn't much more that I can take before I crack. Thankfully I am not teaching this Sunday in our HighPoint kids program or I think I may have to resort to setting fire to things. Or maybe not. At any rate the gift that this season (hopefully that's all it is) has given me is a new perspective on time. Especially on redeeming the time that I have been given.

This business has got me practicing the purposeful use of my time. I am not a planner by nature, but I would not have gotten through this business without sitting down and mapping out a course. I am still not quite out of the woods, but I am in a place now where I can point to achievements that were wrought in a deliberate use of my allotted time. Now I know that my planning a course in my heart is subject to the steps that are directed by God, but (I hate the word but because it doesn't really apply here but I can't think of any other word at the moment) I know that God wants me to plan. He wants me to steward the time He has so graciously given me. I hope that I make a lot of Him and less of me when I do just that.

He'll continue to challenge me in this area I am sure. I feel my focus somewhat returning as I have a tendency to lose it when I get overwhelmed. Thankfully He hasn't abandoned me to a life like the one I have had these past days. I do know though that He carried me by the scruff of the neck straight through the craziness. I would like to say I rested in that in the midst of it. **sigh** maybe next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04