And the reason I say that is...

When I was saving money for graduate school I worked a couple of jobs. One was at a pizza shop where they pretty much just trusted me with making chicken wings and the other was driving a van for a social service agency. This was well before the widespread adoption of GPS technology so I mainly just got lost and made all of my riders late to every appointment they had, but I digress. I had to transition my van-driving job to an interesting fellow named Marvin Bopp. He had a curious habit of talking about things that I was only marginally interested in. If that wasn't bad enough just when I thought that the "talk" (it wasn't a conversation mind you) was over he would continue by saying "And the reason I say that is..." and would offer me insight into why he just said what he said. That was one of the longer weeks of my life.

Well every time I want to give detail about something I just said I like to start by saying "And the reason I say that is..." and think about Marvin Bopp. It is funny how people cement themselves into my brain. The truly unique ones are in a special place that I am sure will be intact if I were to suffer some sort of brain injury or malfunction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer