An absolute horror

There are some haunting lyrics in a song composed by Philip Glass called A Gentleman's Honor that make me quake at times:

Horses in the air
Feet on the ground
Never seen
This picture before...

...Horses in the air
"Whose baby is this?"
Never seen
This picture before


I think I am so shaken by these words because they remind me of the words of Christ when he says to those who beg him to recognize them to depart from him because he never knew them (Matthew 7:23).

As terrible as it would be for me to be unrecognized by my earthly father, I can't, and don't want to, imagine what it would be like to be rejected by my heavenly Father and His Son. Thankfully He does not recognize me based on my good deeds but rather through the finished work of His Son on the cross. That gives me a hope and a peace that I am, indeed, known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer