The week of staycation

You don't have to admit that you missed my blog posts, but it would make me feel better.

I was on a home-bound vacation last week and had a lot of fun and got a lot done. I am not sure what the exact order of events were as everything ran all together, but here is a general, topic-based breakdown:
  • the trench: The trench is just about done (pictures to follow soon) and I just need to finish filling it in with more dirt after reinforcing the trench proper with more landscape fabric. It turns out I needed about a yard and a half of stone to do the trench like I was originally envisioning, but I am going to modify the plan somewhat and only use the yard that I have. If this does not cure our front-garden water problem I will have to eat my left arm.
  • the playset: the playset has been power washed and stained. I have a little bit left to stain way at the top but that will take me 5 minutes to do tonight.
  • Seabreeze: last Wednesday we went to Seabreeze and had a great time (as usual). It was warm so the water park/waterslides were a needed relief later in the day. The boys want to go back yesterday, but I think that will be our only trip there this year.
  • the wood pile: I did about 3 hours of cutting on my in-laws wood pile last Friday and got about a third of it done. I was happy with my production as it was hot, and, thankfully, the saw was definitely humming.
  • the move: I took the boys to see Up last Saturday afternoon and it was well worth going to. A tad formulaic, but some great animation and the floating house was amazing fantasy.
  • the garage sale: in the midst of all this we set up and ran a pretty big 4-family garage sale. I was thrilled with the results as a lot of our stuff was sold albeit at sacrifice prices. I am happy to say that we are a lot lighter (in terms of stuff) and moderately more wealthy. I am happy with the results and may post some more details if I get bored.
Well, that was last week in a nutshell. Now on to something I hope you really like...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer