So last night with the church (part 2)...

"Let us pray."

I cannot tell you how many times I heard that with the church when I was growing up. I also cannot tell you how sorry I am that I did not take the opportunity to pray when the priest invited me to talk to God during that time. It was only after I got saved that I found out that those were the times that I was enter into the presence of God in a more intimate way through speaking to Him. When the Spirit finally woke me up and I found that invitation to be exactly that and found a richer experience with God than I had ever had before.

Fast forward from 1988 to 2009 and from Mark to mini-Mark 1 and mini-Mark 2. I watched them last night when the invitation to pray was issued from the prompter and they closed their eyes and bowed their heads. Now I am not so naive as to think that they were concentrating on all of the words that were being spoken as we conversed with God. God is fully aware that my mind wanders far too often as well. But what struck me is that they knew that this was a special time - a different time than the ones that immediately preceded and proceeded it. That is a lot more than I knew when I was with the church at that age. Could it be that they have superseded my knowledge of God and my communion with Him when I was that age?

It humbles me that I could be so blessed with that reality. Thank you, Dad, and please, more. Only You could have done this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer