A time when there was more answers than questions

"You struck my heart like lightning..." - King's X, I'll Never Be The Same

I can't say my journey to Christ started in the Summer between my Junior and Senior year in high school because that would discount the obvious work that God did in my life before that point. What I can say, though, is that God began to bring more answers into my mind than questions. There was no doubt that Junior year in high school was, up to that point, the most demanding year in my life from an academic, social, and spiritual standpoint. The faith that I had developed was no match for the personal challenges that I faced; it simply held no answers to the questions that were so prevalent at that time.

Then it happened.

I was on a Summer retreat that was mandatory for the Peer Ministry course I signed up for. There, and in one night in particular, I saw and heard about a real relationship that some of my teachers had with Christ. I remember that they faced similar challenges, but did an amazing thing: they brought them to Christ and He shed light on them that was, in every sense of the word, otherworldly. They had a vital, ongoing, and real relationship with the God that I had only heard about. I began to see that He was the answer to the questions that I was facing and that the relationship that He had with them was what I wanted. And I wanted it more than anything in the world.

The answers started there and He saved my from my sin in my Freshman year in college. Now, 20 years later, I look back and can't recognize who I was before He set my feet upon the solid rock. I thank God that He presented me with the questions that shook my so-called faith. I also thank Him that the questions stopped and the answers (Answer) came. Questions without answers are frightening and answers without questions are nonsensical. In His hands, however, they tear down walls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04