My big mouth and aching bum

So, shooting my mouth off recently has made me ache where I would rather not. My wife was visiting with a friend and I mentioned that I might be interested in running a 5K in October. OK, it was more like an "I am there if you and your husband are there." Well, I guess I hadn't realized how close October really is until her husband stopped me on Sunday and basically said, in a manner of speaking, "I am doing it and so are you. So...don't punk me." So I tanked my workout yesterday but got on the treadmill today.

That was dumb as my bum in now numb.

I will be running this 5K in October and my main goal is to not embarrass myself. Notice I didn't say not go into cardiac arrest because that will be less embarrassing than having some women (read: my wife and her friend that are looking at participating in a parallel event) walk two miles faster than I can run 3.5 - which is a definite possibility now with the way I feel.

So I need to get on the stick. Big time. Once this tingling in my butt goes away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer