Everyone loves a parade

Everyone loves a parade. And everyone should love XML. Recently I had to redo my blog a bit because, well, I love to to go to places I shouldn't be and press a lot of buttons. Thankfully I had been keeping an extra copy of the blog around on Wordpress and could export the contents to XML. I found a service online that would transform the XML that I exported from Wordpress into XML that could be used to re-create the blog (minus comments) and I was back up and running. That was the fun part.

Recently my wife commented that I should look at publishing my blog posts into a hard copy format. I think that would be a worthwhile exercise and I would have another use for the export to XML feature on Wordpress or Blogspot. Using XSLT I could get the XML into a printable format (like PDF) and then use that for wahtever I needed. I think it would be an interesting exercise as there may be a few gotchas (like graphics that I include in my blog from time to time), but I think I may bite this project off in my spare time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer