Taste of heaven

You were my taste of heaven
We'll have forever -
Breakfast Table, Chris Rice

Rather than diminish Him (if in my heart only), it seems to me that the longing for heaven that is made so palpable by the passing of a loved one, magnifies Him more. That longing that I may feel for someone who has found their heavenly dwelling before me is just an inkling of the love shared between the Father, Son, and Spirit that they have in eternity. Tapping into and meditating on, and bringing those longings close to my chest as f is an ever-more-perfected reflection of Him and allows me to embrace more of this "image" He has created me in. There is nothing He would want more than for me to act, feel, and love like Him. It would seem to be so ungodly to do otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer