Relationships and conflict

If there isn't any conflict in my life I love very little indeed.

It seems to me that the world, my flesh, and the Devil leave well enough alone when all of my relationships are merely surface ones and have little consequence in my life. But, as soon as I want to go deeper; as soon as I want to love with more than just words, there will be conflict. It is inevitable. And if my relationship is world- and flesh-proof (as if that is possible) the Accuser himself will sow seeds to break it up. He will not have me nurturing a friendship or relationship that God will use to make me holy. That is not his game and he will seek and promote its demise.

Just like the discipline that God brings our way to bring us back to Him proves that we are one of His so too does the presence of conflict in my life prove that I am in a love relationship with someone. Rather than discourage me this should embolden me for I am not unaware of his devices. Praise be to God I am not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer