I missed it

We had about a week of unusually warm weather here where we were into the 90's for 4 or 5 days in a row. That is something that we do not expect up here on the North Coast of America so I found myself pining for relief from the heat. The 10-day forecast showed that today was the day that we would see more moderate temperatures and they, most assuredly, are here.

As I emptied the dishwasher this morning I had a nagging sense that I missed the gift that the heat was. I think I lost it in anticipation of the relief that I have now from it. I was invited to revel in the moments that only that blast could bring and I declined the overtures to sit and allow the hot furnace to wash over me. I declined it in favor of longing for something I didn't have.

And now, in its absence, am I alone in my longing for it again? I want to hear, again, the song it sung. Will it ever grace me again? Or will the aria of the air be in a different key? In a different meter?

Lord willing, I shan't miss it again. Please, Lord, let me not miss it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer