What makes me want this?

I was thumbing through the artist listing on my iPod when I came across The Prayer Chain and I immediately knew that I wanted to play their Mercury album in its entirety. I heard or read at one point that the album was recorded to be an example of music that would be produced by the earth itself and it is all of that and much more. My selection of the album got me to thinking why I selected it at all. It isn't that I like it more than anything else on my iPod, but, I guess, for this moment I do. I paused on Kim Hill for a bit, but then I continued down the alphabetical listing of artists until I came upon them.

I guess if I knew myself better I would have more of a sense of why I chose the album over everything else I could have chosen. Is the reason too trivial to pursue? I am not convinced of that because I think that there is much to be gained when examining seemingly trivial decisions even to the extent that I plumb the depths of why I consider them trivial at all.

So why this now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer