Nothing motivates like success

I have written about this before but success, and its sibling motivation, are operating in my life yet again at a personal and professional level. I have been successful in accomplishing some goals and completing some projects that I did not think I was capable of and those successes have buoyed me and have motivated me to do more of the same albeit in a different shade. Have I failed along the way? Yes - the successes have not been ultimate, but they have been good and when I look back on them I realize that there are ways that I could improve on my performance when I do it again. And there is the point.

I want my boys to have success as well. Success that motivates them and, when their hard-fought victory is won, I want them to stand back and say "That was worth it." I want their successes to motivate them and I want to be a part of their training in this regard. I need to capture this feeling and help it to motivate me to want to creatively help them to succeed. Not ultimate success, but success nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer