Kicks in the pants

I admit to the condition I find myself in more often that I would like: I need kicks in the pants. I love my bed, the couch, Masterpiece Theater...all of the stuff that I do not necessarily need to be doing, but I like doing it. A lot. This year in the Champions there is a friend of ours that has given me kicks in the pants when I needed them and she does not even know that she is doing this. This week we are having an Iron Chef competition and it is going to be a logistical nightmare. We have had to call in reinforcements in the form of a small group that we know would attack the opportunity with great gusto and, with their help, I think we are going to pull it off. OK, now we just need to do it.

The funny thing is I had this on the calendar last year and chickened out. This year, I had no choice. You see this person asked me to give her a calendar of the special events that I had planned for this year and, like clockwork, she has taken the opportunity to promote them before I could pull them back. No "just kiddings" here - it is sink or swim and it has forced me not only to get creative in what we are going to do, but how we are going to do it. Thank God for my wife who has much more sense than I do because I think we would have burnt the church building down by now if I was in complete charge of it all.

So, my butt is bruised but it is a good kind of black and blue. Quite frankly, it should be more bruised but God is merciful. And, in His grace, He has surrounded me with excellent and extraordinary people. Well done, God. Well done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer