I was so out of it last night

I am not sure what it is but I have a hard time being coherent/staying awake on Sunday nights. My wife and I have been watching The Complete Jane Austen series on PBS and last night was an adaptation of Sense and Sensibility. For the longest time I was wondering when Mr. Darcy was going to show up. I realized a couple of things just this morning:
  • Even though both titles (Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility) have the word "and" in them they are not the same book. as a result:
  • No matter how long I waited I wasn't going to be graced by Mr. Darcy's presence.
My head hurt for a while trying to guess which one of the girls was Lizzy and which was Jane. For a while I was conviced that Colonel Brandon was actually Mr. Bingley but without Darcy by his side the whole thing made little sense to me.

I guess there is some spiritual application in this somewhere, but maybe I just need to lay off the English breakfast tea at night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer