Jogged outside this morning

I know it doesn't sound like much but I jogged outside for the first time since graduate school in Albany, New York. I only did about 2.5 miles but I think I could have done 3 if I really tried. It felt good and I didn't even take my iPod along with me. I guess I had enough to look at and ponder as I made my way through the neighborhood. It was not as rapturous an experience as some make it out to be, but it might grow on me yet.

For some reason I was really nervous about doing it. I am not sure where that nervousness came from, but there was a certain apprehension about venturing out from the treadmill in the basement and into the great wide open. Well, with that under my belt I will continue down the path until I can get the part I need to fix the treadmill. It is almost as if God said, "There - that's busted. Time to try something new."

Maybe that's why we get sick and suffer like we do sometimes. It is just God's way of revealing another part of Himself to us. Like jogging outside varies my gait and the scenery around me so too does the time when I am out of my comfort zone and into something I have never seen or experienced before.

Then again, maybe I'm just an idiot. That seems more likely to be the case than anything previously written.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer