I'd be so lonely

The first three months of both of our son's lives were trying times. I really think that things got a little easier after the 6-month mark. If you could deliver a baby and have him or her at the six-month mark it would be so much easier - especially on the mother. I remember evenings and nights when we would have to calm them down by walking around, actively playing with them, reading to them - all of those things. It helped to have my wife around during those bouts with fussiness. Even if she was not doing anything, her presence there was a comfort and to know that she was sharing in the care, albeit passively at that point, made those times more bearable.

Even though I enjoy my solitude I know that if I did not have her in my life that solitude would be less than what it is now. It would not be the retreat it is unless she were there. Not an active participant in it, for it wouldn't be solitude if she did, but a passive one. Her love is a foundation on which those times can be built and upon which they provide rest and rejuvenation for me.

If not for her I'd be so lonely and feel the sting when hearing God say "It is not good for man to be alone." I do take her for granted more often than not. It is too easy because she is such a rock...and a strong one at that.

Proverbs 18:22 states that "He who finds a wife finds a good thing." Yes and amen. I have found a wife - and to say that she is a good thing hardly does justice to what God has produced in me through her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04