True to their form

...that the creation itself also will be set free form its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole of creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. Romans 8:21-22

I long for the shape of things to be true to their form... Benediction, Wakened by the Wind, Susan Ashton

When I walk into the coolness of the shade in the new heaven and new earth what will the breeze feel like? Will it give me goose bumps? Will it hearken me back to what it does now?

When I stoop to smell the tulip when it bursts forth in its true form will it remind me of her? What will its fragrance be like?

What will the cool grass feel like beneath my feet when its groaning has ceased and the sons of God are fully revealed? How will its sweet sweat grace them?

How warm will the light of the Son feel? Will it be as comforting as it is awesome? Will I have any ability to behold it?

Creation's form rests squarely in the mind of Him and I don't see it. But there I do have a longing for it. Not born out of what I remember of it, but what He said it was and what He said it will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer