Total eclipse in 2024, iTunes, and assorted vagueness

Got a link from a workmate today about the path of the total solar eclipse that will present itself in the year 2024:

Total solar eclipse

It is smack-dab over Rochester. In other words, we could not be better positioned for it. Quite cool. I remember the experience of the 1994 Annular Eclipse when I was in graduate school in Albany, NY and that was quite a cool experience. It looks like there are some other eclipses that are accessible in the US - I may want to see if I can travel to check those out.

I received a gift card for iTunes and I have purchased 15 songs off of the site. In no particular order they are:

I Believe - ZOEgirl
I Know You Now - 4Him
Entertaining Angels - Newsboys
Vertigo - U2
New Year's Day - U2
Beautiful Day - U2
Facades - Philip Glass
Opening - Philip Glass
Floe - Philip Glass
Islands - Philip Glass
Rubric - Philip Glass
Closing - Philip Glass
Shine - Slavador
Kyrie - Mr. Mister

One of the nice things about the iPod and iTunes is that you can be as eclectic as you want to be in purchasing and arranging music. Almost all of these are on my Exercise playlist (Rubric in the only Philip Glass one there) and it is nice to mix things up a bit. Keeps me interested and happy.

We had what I thought was a decent night at the Champions club last night. I got to tell one of my favorite Bible stories (Acts 10:9-21) and got to talk about the absolute dependence we have on God for direction and guidance. The small group time that I had was quite good as well. There are some changes that I would like to make but this is the first year of a multi-year project of getting this club back to where it needs to be in terms of quality teaching, attendance, spiritual growth, and evangelistic outreach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer