Excellence

We had a friend over the other day who is, shall I say, one of the best singers I have ever heard. He is well on his way to a professional career in music and is already being courted for professorships and other engagements. He is an artist. He lamented the fact that the church in general does not pursue excellence in music. Now I do enjoy the music at our church but that is not what he was talking about. He was talking about pouring the same energy into our worship through music that we pour into other pursuits like preaching, children's ministries, etc. That has much less to do with how much people enjoy the ministry and much more to do with the pursuit of service to a much higher standard and caliber.

God rightfully deserves all of me and I ought to give all of me to Him. If I am giving Him less than that I am in sin. Plain and simple. There is no excuse for it and He will not accept it. Now, what is excellence in music, preaching, nursery work, and the like? Well, isn't that an interesting question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04