Re-evaluation

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, coming down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard, coming down upon the edge of his robes. It is like the dew of Hermon coming down upon the mountains of Zion; for there the LORD commanded the blessing--life forever. Psalm 133

Recently there has been reconciliation with some people that I am close to. When I see the International Space Station, or the Spitzer, Hubble, and Chandra observatories, or the Space Shuttle entering the atmosphere with its sonic boom I often think that this is humanity at its best.

Reconciliation is, quite frankly, God at His best. Look what He did to reconcile us to Him. Look what He does to restore fellowship with our fellow man. I am often at my worst in conflict. It doesn't have to be this way, but it often is. Reconciliation is me at my best for it allows me to participate in the Divine nature in a most profound and meaningful way. Dare I say "the" most profound and meaningful way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer