Seuss and O'Keeffe

I have written, in a previous post, about how there are certain artists that tap into something inside of me and either sing, draw, paint, or write something that resonates with me. Here are a couple of more that I have recently run across:

From there to here and here to there, funny things are everywhere. - Dr. Seuss

I don't know why but I get goosebumps every time I read this. What is it that makes this little sentence such a joy to read and ponder?

My wife and I went to the Memorial Art Gallery here in Rochester on our Anniversary to the Color and Conservation exhibit that showcased the work of Georgia O'Keeffe and her interest in preserving her work for future generations. There was a painting there that caught my eye and I think it is my favorite piece from her.

I don't know what it is about the painting, but I do know this - I love the deep greens that O'Keeffe paints. They are so deep and rich and the image in this post does not do the painting justice. Kind of like listening to music on a CD rather than hearing it live.


At any rate, when these experiences capture my attention I will write more. These two were a tad novel, I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer