And the curse continues

He died. My uncle died and I know that things will never be the same again in my aunt’s life, the life of my cousins, and the life of our family. It really hasn’t hit me yet. We are to go to the funeral mass next week and it really is so sterile here. Just waiting and dreading the time that I will be there to see what sin has wrought. To see the ones he has left behind. To reflect on the impact that he has had on my life. To wonder what this means for her. To trust, yet again, that death has no dominion over my wife and I. All of this as I look her in the eye and say those words I never, ever, want my wife and children to hear: “I am so sorry…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04