Dropping the ball...again.

I hate dropping the ball. Those who know me must think I absolutely love it because I do it so often. My temperament is prone to a live and let live attitude where, as long as everyone is happy, everything is all right. That is so diametrically opposed to God’s intention for this creation and my life that it is not even worth mentioning. When things went awry after the fall, God invaded this earth and set into motion events that would culminate in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. That, as far as I can tell, is an one-hundred-and-eighty-degree departure from live and let live.

I was rebuked this weekend for something that I needed to be doing and was not. I have re-started this practice and am excited about it. In fact, it is working out better than I thought it would and I need Your power, Lord, to continue it. Thank you for the rebuke. It hurt, but not as bad as it would had I dropped the ball…again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer