The devil inside

The devil inside
The devil inside
Every single one of us the devil inside - INXS

I am finding it hard not to be disheartened with what is going on in the Middle East these days. No rumors of wars here – we can see the smoke rising from the ruins of a bombed out building in Beirut or where the rocket hit in Haifa. When will they seek peace?

It is so easy for me to become focused on what is going on “over there” and decry the evil inflicted on people “over there” and lose sight of this heart that is still so prone to wander. It is so easy for me to take the messages from the pulpit and the parenting class I am taking and see where it applies in someone else’s life circumstance and miss what I am to be doing. Until I am relentlessly focused on me and the evil that so easily makes its way into the relationships I am involved with I have not even seen the hem of the robe of the life God would have for me. I must recognize and own the role I have in the conflicts in my life and in the lives of the people I impact – for I do impact people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer