Who He is

It must be love. My wife and boys have so solidified themselves into my life that I cannot imagine life without them. They occupy an increasing amount of my definition of who I am that if they were to ever be absent from it, well, I don’t know what I would do. Is it healthy? I mean shouldn’t I have some independence from them as I seek my own self-concept? There is no question that I have some of my self-concept rooted in other places, but I guess it is just a matter of what I value.

It is a lot like God who, for some reason, will always be thought of as the One who saved us. Perfect in communion and fellowship in and of Himself, He did not need to save us or even create us. There is so much that is still mysterious about why I am here. An even greater mystery is why God has chosen to root some of who He is in our creation and redemption. There is no reason to weave a man-centered theology in here for God is God-centered to the core. And it is in His God-centeredness that He chose to do what He did for us. Maybe I’ll understand this when I know as I am known.

Then again I think that I am putting too much stock in my some day new Christ-like mind and body. There will be plenty that I will have to contemplate when I step into eternity. And I am not confident that my contemplation will result in fuller knowledge of many of the mysteries that perplex me here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer