The Sovereign delays

Just got back from a 1.5 day business trip to New Jersey. It was a great meeting with a customer and I was happy that I went. I had a feeling that this was going to be a big waste of time, but it turned out to be anything but that. I am glad my feelings were off on this one. We were scheduled to arrive back in Rochester at 6:20pm last night. That would have been perfect as I would get to see the boys before they went to bed and spend some time with my wife before we headed off to bed as well. But…as God would have it we missed our 5:00pm flight and had to settle for an 8:50pm departure which got me home about 10:45pm. Not awful – it could have been worse.

Now I am all for the sovereignty of God in these situations as I know he is in control of all things, but I would feel much better about the change in plans if I missed something dramatic on my route home or if it enabled me to share the Gospel with my traveling companion. As it was we did get very close to gut-level communication a couple of times so that was good.

God demands that I walk by faith and not by sight. He’ll show me why I was delayed if He wants to. He will produce Christ-likeness in me, my wife, my kids as a result of this situation or this combined with others. That was all I had to lean on as I talked to my wife and told her of my delay. And God said that was sufficient for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer