I need a Messiah

We need a leader, a lover
A pillar of fire
We need a teacher, a healer
Oh, can't you see
We need a Messiah – Whiteheart

Not much is made of my sanctification in Christian circles today. Not that it is not talked about but it is not made much of. I talk about my salvation as the once for all time event that it truly is, but the simple fact of the matter is I need to be saved now. Not saved from Hell, that has been accomplished, but saved from me. I need a Messiah now. Every hour. Every minute. Who will continually save me? He will, but it is so hard because I kick and scream as He drags me towards Christ-likeness. Never does He grow frustrated with me. Gently and sometimes firmly He exhausts me and saves me never leaving me to drown in the filth I love so dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer