Ministry is never convenient

Ministry is never convenient. I want my boys to know that and let it sink deep into my life as well. If I happen to be engaged in a ministry that is convenient for me I am of the opinion that it ceases to be a ministry and turns into something like a hobby. I, in that case, would either need to find a way to sink more of my resources into the ministry (so that it becomes less convenient) or find another ministry. Maintenance mode in ministry is altogether not pleasing to God and He will not honor it to the extent that I need Him to if I continue down that road.

How do I know when I am engaged in God-honoring ministry? When it hurts a little to do it. It may even hurt a lot. But I then know it is ministry at that point and the hurt is minimized somewhat as the peace of God with transcends all understanding becomes my solid ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer