My contribution

OK, I got in today a little early to move cubes. I was asked to move out of my other cube in deference to someone who is joining the group. I obliged and was a hero for about a half an hour. My phone will be moved on the 9th. Thank God for email. I received confirmation that Olie’s surname is Polie. His dad called him “Olie Polie” in one of the shows so there it is. It is funny, in the research that I did on the name there were a bunch of people that said Olie was from the planet “Rolie Polie”. In fact, not one of the sources I looked at said that Olie’s last name was Polie. I am beginning to think that the world wide web is more like a conversation rather than a reference – even a slim reference. There are a lot of people in the cyberspace world that seem to get a good deal of “press” just saying anything that comes to mind. This goes beyond the “email Bill Gates tracking” urban legends that crop up from time to time and is illustrated by my research into the Rolie Polie Olie name sequence. This leads me to a point.

I need a source of true knowledge. Someone who has put this whole thing together and can explain it to me in a way that is comprehensive, makes sense, and can be tested and found true. I need that Someone to then communicate it to me in a way that I can understand and in a way that serves my interest. Or, more importantly, serves Their interest. It has been done and the Bible is that source. It is not an explanation of everything because, in God’s wisdom, He chose not to reveal everything. It is, however, the wisdom I need to truly live life skillfully. How delightful that it is here for me. How delightful that it is in English and so easily understood.

And then I wonder how I contribute to the noise on the internet.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer