It just feels different.

OK, I have just finished my big mug of coffee (a daily ritual of mine) so I am a little jumpy. More and more I am hearing that there is less and less of a problem with coffee/caffeine consumption. I am 35 so I am thinking that I have a lot of coffee years ahead of me. And that is a good thing? Well, maybe good is too strong of a term.

It is only January 17, 2006 but already I feel different this year – in a good way. There are some things that I am doing differently; some unique things that I was not doing at all last year:
  • I am reading through the Bible in a year. I am only on Genesis chapter 40, but you have to start at Genesis 1 so that is a bit of progress.

  • I am reading a novel. I am going through Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury again. I read it when I was younger (14 or 15 I think) so it was high time I read it again. Also, I cannot remember the last novel I read.

  • I read the Jesus I Never Knew by Phillip Yancey. I have decided to read more this year.

  • I am on the treadmill 5 times a week for 30 minutes.

  • My wife and I have been renting more movies. Since Christmas I think we have watched 4 or 5 different DVDs.

  • I have been writing regularly in this blog since the middle of November 2005.

Even though the above list is a modest one for me, it is a different way of doing things for me. Naturally, this would provoke a different day-to-day outlook even though my world view has not changed. I don’t really know what to make of this feeling. Maybe I will be running across something in the Scriptures to help me sort it out. The subjugation of my feelings to the reality presented the Bible is a main concern of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer